About Me

My photo
Belgrade, Maine, United States

Sunday, November 22, 2009

LeeLee's Pots
















This is my 2 yr old granddaughter Leigh Anne-LeeLee to me. She does not like to get dirty but when she came over to gammies house and I asked if she'd like to play with the clay at first she said "nooooo!" So I gave it to my daughter in law who dropped it. LeeLee picked it up and as is opften the case with hesitation her eyes lit up like no tomorrow, so I asked her again-"LeeLee would you like to play with the clay?" She nodded her head fast up and down and said "Ye-es!" in only a Mainer's way and came to me. I made a palce in front of my wheel and placed her there. Then I center a wedge of clay and placed her hands where they needed to be and turned the wheel on. Her eyes lit up and she started smiling! I pushed my thumb down into the center and said "now watch gammy"... and showed her how to pull the clay up. Then I put more water on her hands and she did as I had done. This continued until the pot was made. She loved it. She did everything exactly as I did. Her hands when she wasnt copying me fell to the clay as if she had been doing it for years instead of it being her first time. I am so proud of her. She will go places with this new found endeavor and by the time-if gammy has any say-she is 5 years old she will have her own brand of pots! That's my LeeLee!

No comments:

Post a Comment