About Me

My photo
Belgrade, Maine, United States

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Venture 11/17/2009

Hello.
My name is Karen S. Kelly-Philbrick.
I am in my mid forties, married and have three wonderful kids and 3.25 grandchildren, 6 fish and 2 cats. I am an artist by trade and am just starting my own studio. My art is primarily about making pottery but I have ventured into printmaking and sculpture with plaster and steel. Some day when my studio is established I will bring these different arts together creating uniguely individual pieces. Many people who know me say my pottery has a touch of George Ohr-(sp) a potter who died in the 1800's.

I would like to use this space as a way to show my work and let you all get to know me as an artist. This way I feel that I am contributing to the world's knowledge of the arts in my own creatively ecclectic way. Soon I will have some pics of my work and look forward to hearing from you about them.

Welcome to my world!

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I am human after all and it has been pointed out that I have a typo in my blog- it should be "uniquely" but instead it says "uniguely". LOL!!!

    I just want to say at this point: Please bear with me as I learn how this thing works. It is all very new to me and everyone who knows me knows I am very computer/technologically illiterate--ask my husband if you don't be;ieve me. I also tend to forget how to capitalize on occassion and sometimes my fingers type faster than I can think so the spelling is f***ed up!(oh did i just swear?!?) Or maybe I do that on purpose-who knows- keeps u and me on our toes doesnt it!

    Any who this blog thing seems to be more up my alley than a web page- and cheaper in the wallet area too!

    I am currently looking for people who think I am worth ivesting in to get my kiln and studio fully loaded an operational...if anyone wants to put into the pot (pun intended-lol!) to help me get started please feel free! no hard earned cash will be turned down! Ever!

    Stay tuned for more brain cramps as I get into this blogging endeavor! and leave me lots of comments!

    ReplyDelete